Photo via: skinnydivabeauty.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Oatmeal is an excellent and healthy way to start your day. This cereal is not only good for health but it also has many beauty benefits. Yes, you can use oats for hair and skin problems. Yes, you heard it right. This delicious cereal has many benefits and today I will be sharing some simple yet effective oatmeal recipes for beauty and hair care. 🙂 Oatmeal and egg Yolk Face Mask: Beat one egg yolk with two tbsp of oatmeal. Now add 1 tbsp of lemon juice in it and mix all the three ingredients completely. Apply this [paste on face in upward direction. Keep it for around 10 minutes and then wash off with cold water. This face mask is very good for dry skin as it tightens skin. This mask also helps in preventing wrinkle so one can start using this in late 20’s to prevent aging signs. Oatmeal and Honey Face Scrub: Oatmeal is a very good exfoliating product as it’s gentle but still works effectively. Mix 2 tbsp of oatmeal with half cup raw milk. Now add 1 tbsp of extra virgin oil and 1 tbsp of honey in the mixture and mix it well. Leave this paste for around 10 minutes so that oatmeal becomes smooth. Now, gently apply this mixture on your face and massage in circular motion. Keep scrubbing your face gently for 2-3 minutes and then rinse off with cold water. This oatmeal and honey scrub will exfoliate dead skin and will give you radiant glowing face. Honey present in the scrub will keep your face moisturized and hydrated making it softer. Oatmeal as Dry Shampoo: Having a bad hair day? Don’t worry oatmeal can be used as dry shampoo. Yes, you heard me right. Grind oatmeal in a grinder to make a fine powder. Now, mix 1 Tbsp Corn Starch or baking soda to 1/2 Cup of oatmeal powder. Add in few drops of essential oil to make your hair smell amazing. For darker hair add in some cocoa powder. Rub this mixture into your hair and then comb it out with wide tooth comb. Oatmeal removes excess oil and dirt from scalp. Now you can move out of your house without even shampooing your hair. Isn’t it a great handy tip? Oatmeal and Baking Soda Body Scrub: Mix oatmeal and baking soda in equal proportion with the help of warm water. Keep this mixture into warm water for around 10 minutes so that oatmeal becomes soft. Now, use this mixture as scrub for body and gently massage. You can use this on hands, legs, back, foot etc. after scrubbing wash off with cold water and pat dry. Oatmeal and baking soda both are excellent exfoliator and when combined together they exfoliate flawlessly. This body scrub will exfoliate dead skin and will give you smooth and soft skin. Run into the kitchen and make your own oatmeal mask. 😀 |
- Nails are probably one of the most under pampered part of our body. We do not do much to care about it and so we eventually see the outcome of this carelessness in the form of brittle nails. Most of the times brittle nails are the signs of a health issue, like thyroid, anemia etc. So you might have to see a doctor to sort that out. BEAUTIFUL NAILS To strengthen your nails, you must follow the following things: Vitamins Include vitamin B in your diet or start taking supplements under the guidance of a doctor. Lack of Vitamin A and Vitamin C can also be the reason for brittle nails. Protein and calcium rich diet has to be included in your daily diet. Horsetail or nettle tea Include the consumption of horsetail or nettle tea once a day. The herbs are a great source of silica as well as other minerals which are essential for the nails to grow. Essential fatty acids Healthy nails issue can be dealt by consuming essential fatty acids. This is found in fish with high fat content and flax seed oil. Consume 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil per day to combat brittle nails. Moisturize your nails Apply petroleum jelly or thick cream on the nails. It would be better if you can do it at night. Hydrate Water as everyone knows is very important for overall health. Therefore drinking water can help in hydrating the body which in turn will take care of dry and brittle nails. Massage Regular massage on the finger nails will help in increasing the blood flow towards that area which will help in promoting healthy nails. Do not overuse your nails Nails cannot substitute any tools. So stop using your nails to open soda cans or any other objects as this will only make it more brittle. Olive oil and lemon juice Take 1 spoon of olive oil and add a few drops of lemon juice and apply it on your nails regularly. This will help you combat the issue of brittle nails. You can use olive oil alone for nail treatment too. Simply immerse your nails in a bowl of olive oil and keep it for 10 minutes. Use gloves Whenever you are doing any kind of work which involves the use of your nails, always make sure your wear gloves. This will protect your nails from getting cut. Exposure to water, soap, soil etc. can damage your nails. Vitamin E and tea tree oil Take 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil and add a couple of drops of Vitamin E. Mix this well and apply it on the nails. This will help in treating the brittle nails and at the same time prevent any kind of infection on the nails. Sea salt Mix 2 teaspoons of fine sea salt and add few drops of lemon juice, myrrh oil, wheat germ oil and frankincense oil and transfer this mixture to a bowl with warm water. Soak your hands in it for 10 to 15 minutes. Do it twice a week. Related Post: Natural ways to brighten and whiten yellow, discolored nails |
- Cinnamon contains anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, as well as a natural grittiness that helps clear out clogged pores. Use cinnamon in various DIY beauty treatments to get clean and clear skin naturally. Cinnamon scrub or mask can help you fade acne scars and even out skin discoloration, giving your bright and toned skin. Cinnamon face and body scrub: Ingredients: Granulated Sugar – 1/4 Cup Ground Cinnamon – 1 Tsp Extra virgin olive oil or organic honey – 1 Tbsp Mix granulated white sugar with extra-virgin olive oil or honey and ground cinnamon. Mix everything and use it to exfoliate your body while in shower for smoother skin. This scrub will also treat back or body acne. Cinnamon clear skin Mask: Ingredients: Baking soda – 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon – 1/4 Tsp Extra virgin olive oil or raw honey – 1 Tbsp Mix organic cinnamon, nutmeg and raw honey ( oily skin) or olive oil (dry skin). Apply the mask to your face and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Wash it off while scrubbing softly in circular motion for exfoliation. The mask might sting your skin for few mins once applied. Acne Spot treatment: Add a bit of cinnamon about 1/4 teaspoon to a tablespoon of honey and mix into a paste. Dab it on that zit. Leave it for 5-10 minutes and rinse off. Lip plumper: Cinnamon naturally plumps up the lips because it very mildly irritates the skin of the lips and with the increased blood flow in this area, the lips start to swell slightly resulting in fuller and plumper lips. DIY natural cinnamon lip plumper. Blackheads: Cinnamon and honey make a wonderful combination for getting rid of blackheads. Mix 1 teaspoon raw honey with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon. Apply the paste to the affected areas and rub gently for 1 minute. Let sit for a few minutes and rinse well with cool water. ** Side note **: Cinnamon can cause irritation though, so be sure to try the treatment out on your inner arm before applying it to your face. |
- Regular application of these skin firming masks is highly beneficial to make your skin appear firm and tighter at home. NATURAL BOTOX Who needs Botox when bananas can do the trick? Mash up a medium-sized ripe banana along with some honey to make a paste. Apply this gently on your face and neck. Keep it on for 10-20 minutes before you wash it off with cold water to help rejuvenate wrinkled skin. VITAMIN C MASK Orange are loaded with vitamin C, use them in your beauty routine for a younger looking skin. Use orange juice along with aloe vera gel to tighten the skin naturally. Mix equal quantity of orange juice and aloe vera gel and apply it on your face for 30 mins and rinse off. TIGHTENING MASK 1 Egg White with 1 Tablespoon Greek Yogurt. Whisk egg white slightly then add yogurt. Mix well and apply to face. Leave mixture on for 10-15 minutes before rinsing with luke warm water. ANTI AGING MASK Oatmeal along with honey makes an excellent anti wrinkle mask. Oatmeal acts as a gentle exfoliate, revealing smoother and more youthful skin. While honey works wonders to ease out fine lines and wrinkles. Mix a tbsp of ground oatmeal with 2 tbsp of honey. Apply a paste on your skin. Keep it on for sometime before you wash off your face with lukewarm water. FIRMING OIL Mix coconut oil with few drops of lavender essential oil. Massage this natural skin tightening oil to tighten the skin under eyes and loose skin around mouth before going to bed. This natural skin care method is best for reducing deep wrinkles and fine lines on face and neck. Read More: Best natural anti aging treatment with oils >> |
- How to Make Homemade Pain Cream, This cream which can be used topically on many pains packs powerful ingredients that include beeswax, coconut oil, olive oil or grapeseed oil, wintergreen essential oils, lavender essential oils, peppermint essential oils and clove essential oils. (Check the bold words above to see sample ingredients.)
- I have been a diabetic for 4 years. This is the first serum that I have ever used in my life. I always use lotions – creams but most of them irritate more than help my dry itchy skin. My arms & legs have itched to the point of me scratching until sometimes I would bleed. Nothing I tried would stop the itching for long. I applied this serum and immediately I felt a huge sigh of relief as my skin was soothed & calmed. I cannot overstate how very pleased I am with how amazingly good my skin loo…
- Today Im showing you how to make your very own wax wraps, which are used to store your food. This is an amazing way to be eco-friend, and healthy (beeswax is naturally anti-bacterial)! The wraps are used as bowl covers or sandwich holders. You can even sew little buttons to the wraps to use for presents. When it comes to washing, keep in mind that wax doesn’t melt, so run under cold water. Check it out on my YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQEe2sPKiGI
- GET YOUR JUICE ON! Carrots have been touted for their skin enhancing properties. Now research is finding lycopene, which is found in red vegetables and fruits such as Tomatoes are superfoods for the skin as well. Helping reduce the effects of a poor diet, sun damage and result in smoother healthier skin. Try some external lycopene product for brilliant skin like Indielee brighteningcleanser
- Wrinkled skin is an inevitable part of aging. You might think its really bad, and that youve lost your charm to age. But thats not necessarily true, because you can reverse its effects, using naturally homemade solutions anyone can make. Take a look at some of the most effective natural solutions for skin wrinkles you can try now.
- Essential Oils For Wrinkles | Health Clue. I LOVE coconut oil (solid, organic). I like to add lavender, chamomile (healing, relaxing) , sometimes teatree oil for cystic acne. If you put in on your skin while it is moist, it will absorb better. Same with liquid oils. Or add a touch of natural lotion.
- Sugar addiction is no joke – there’s compelling scientific evidence that addiction to refined sugar can be just as serious as addiction to “hard” drugs like heroin and cocaine. Sugar dependence has been observed in animal models, and the components of addiction – bingeing, withdrawal, craving, and cross-sensitization – are all present with regards to excessive sugar consumption.Peppermint oil is just one of these natural tools – when used externally, it has all sorts of benefits. Find out mo…
- Ways to Look Younger in 10 Minutes or Less – aster the Art of Strobing – Amazing Age Defying Home Remedies to Look Younger – Simple DIY Anti Aging Skincare Techniques that Prevent Wrinkles and Make You Look 10 years Younger – You Wont Believe How Well These Natural Show You How To Get Rid of Sagging Skin – thegoddess.com/quick-anti-aging-tips