Photo via: traditional-foods.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Homemade Elderberry Syrup Natural Remedy for Colds and Flu How to Make Elderberry Syrup for Flu Prevention
- Mix 1 table spoon of mustard powder with a little bit of warm water to make paste, add 3 table spoons of olive oil and then add one egg. After you’ve applied this mask evenly all over the roots of your hair, put on a shower cap. Keep the mask on for about 20 or 30 minutes, depending on how you feel. After doing this mask wash and condition your hair as usual. Do once a week for about 7 weeks.
- Infused Oils to make my Joli Savons beauty products… Dried elderberries steeped in Argan oil, red roses and mint steeped in kombucha tea, mint sitting in witch hazel, chamomile and calendula resting in olive oil. Herbs picked fresh from my garden
- Ok, so salad and candy arent quite the same thing but at this time of year, I like to balance my candy and sugar consumption with my veggie and protein consumption to make myself feel better about all…
- If you shop the frozen food aisle regularly, make sure that you are avoiding foods that are filled with unhealthy additives such as high fructose corn syrup….
- I have a love/hate relationship with Spell Check. I love it because Im a very good speller, but a horrible typist. Before the days of this brilliant invention, I would have to hunt and peck very slowly to make sure that everything came out correctly, having no instinctive feel for keyboarding, which was a frustrating damper on my creative flow, Ill tell ya. But now I can go hell-bent for leather (I dont even know what that means-did Judas Priest make that up?) and when I come up for air, all of my typos are helpfully underlined in red.But heres the hate part: Sometimes typos are still real words. If you leave an o off of too, replace the c in cough with a d, or transpose the vowels in lion, your Spell Check is not going to see it as a mistake. Also, sometimes misspelled words are still real words. If you leave the u out of fourth or have a homophonic brainlapse and write accept when you meant except, who is Spell Check to kick about it? Nobody, thats who.Heres one more reason not to trust it to do your proofreading for you: proper nouns and made-up words. When you know Spell Check wont recognize the spelling of a proper name (Smith, no problem; Nkwoze, problem) or a silly word you made up for flavor, its easy to ignore the red underlines, but what if you still managed to misspell the thing? Mr. Nkwoze might feel slighted if he sees his name as Knowze and people think hes Beyonces dad. (I know its Knowles. Dont write in.) For example, I initially typed the non-standard brainlapse as brianlapse. If I had bypassed giving it a once-over simply because I knew Spell Check couldnt handle it, I might have left people with the impression that I would be a better writer but for lack of Brian. (I miss you, Brian! Call me!)The moral of the story is: Spell Check is a tool, not a contractor. Before you send your creations out into the world, give them a good read or even have someone else read them (frequently we will miss our own mistakes because we already know what were trying to say, but they will pop out at someone else). Heck, read em twice. Its called editing. I know some errors will still get through (I was aghast at seeing a typo in the title of a story I did that was featured on the front page of Yahoo, so Im no stranger to public humiliation), but we do our best.Free use image from Pixabay https://pixabay.com/en/keyboard-computer-keys-white-886462/
- This Flu Busting gummy bears recipe is made with homemade elderberry syrup and gelatin for an immune boosting, gut healthy treat for kids of all ages!
- As I thought about what has helped me enter this focus of mindfulness, one tool came to mind almost instantly: journaling. Weve chatted quite a bit about journaling lately, but of all the different mindful practices Ive tried and incorporated into my life, journaling still proves to be the most beneficial. How can journaling help with mindfulness? Click through to continue reading+ download the FREE mindfulness worksheets
- Skincare | 5 Essential Vitamins (A, C, D, E and K) for Beautiful Skin ……….Vitamins have long been known to support healthy immune systems and bones. But, what about your surface? Can a supplement also help cure the daily blemishes and hits your skin takes? …….. Check out these 5 vitamins that will keep your skin glowing all year long and how to incorporate them into your diet.
- DIY bath salts are inexpensive and great for all ailments. Learn how to make bath salts for cold and flu, sore muscles, allergies and everything in between.
- How to make a Blemish Beauty Cream. A simple tutorial that all girls love!
- Make your lipstick last all night long with this simple how to.