Photo via: dreamstream.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Due to its potent antibacterial, antiparasitic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral qualities, ginger is one of the most powerful and healthiest foods. This root strengthens overall health, as it is high in multiple minerals, antioxidants, vitamin C, and magnesium. The beneficial properties of ginger have been used for centuries in the treatment of asthma, heart diseases, indigestion, weak immunity, and pain. The consumption of ginger tea during the winter prevents various health issues, as it has a wide range of uses: It strengthens the immune system it fights infections treats cold sores,
- Nails are probably one of the most under pampered part of our body. We do not do much to care about it and so we eventually see the outcome of this carelessness in the form of brittle nails. Most of the times brittle nails are the signs of a health issue, like thyroid, anemia etc. So you might have to see a doctor to sort that out. BEAUTIFUL NAILS To strengthen your nails, you must follow the following things: Vitamins Include vitamin B in your diet or start taking supplements under the guidance of a doctor. Lack of Vitamin A and Vitamin C can also be the reason for brittle nails. Protein and calcium rich diet has to be included in your daily diet. Horsetail or nettle tea Include the consumption of horsetail or nettle tea once a day. The herbs are a great source of silica as well as other minerals which are essential for the nails to grow. Essential fatty acids Healthy nails issue can be dealt by consuming essential fatty acids. This is found in fish with high fat content and flax seed oil. Consume 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil per day to combat brittle nails. Moisturize your nails Apply petroleum jelly or thick cream on the nails. It would be better if you can do it at night. Hydrate Water as everyone knows is very important for overall health. Therefore drinking water can help in hydrating the body which in turn will take care of dry and brittle nails. Massage Regular massage on the finger nails will help in increasing the blood flow towards that area which will help in promoting healthy nails. Do not overuse your nails Nails cannot substitute any tools. So stop using your nails to open soda cans or any other objects as this will only make it more brittle. Olive oil and lemon juice Take 1 spoon of olive oil and add a few drops of lemon juice and apply it on your nails regularly. This will help you combat the issue of brittle nails. You can use olive oil alone for nail treatment too. Simply immerse your nails in a bowl of olive oil and keep it for 10 minutes. Use gloves Whenever you are doing any kind of work which involves the use of your nails, always make sure your wear gloves. This will protect your nails from getting cut. Exposure to water, soap, soil etc. can damage your nails. Vitamin E and tea tree oil Take 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil and add a couple of drops of Vitamin E. Mix this well and apply it on the nails. This will help in treating the brittle nails and at the same time prevent any kind of infection on the nails. Sea salt Mix 2 teaspoons of fine sea salt and add few drops of lemon juice, myrrh oil, wheat germ oil and frankincense oil and transfer this mixture to a bowl with warm water. Soak your hands in it for 10 to 15 minutes. Do it twice a week. Related Post: Natural ways to brighten and whiten yellow, discolored nails |
- Green Tea-Green tea, as you know is super rich in antioxidants and that helps in boosting hair growth and preventing hair loss. Apply warm green tea over your scalp and leave it for an hour. Wash it off with cool water.
- There are many HealthBenefits of drinking GreenTea that you can avail in your daily routine. For your help, we are providing top 10 green tea health benefits that you must know! Just include this wonderful beverage in your daily diet and watch it working wonders for your overall health.
- Whenever you are in need of treating many diseases, and leave medicine aside, try this power trio that does it all. The combination of garlic, apple cider vinegar and honey is an extraordinary blend that provides cures for numerous diseases. The honey provides incredible antimicrobial properties, and offers fair enzymes, vitamin and mineral content. On the other hand, garlic gives allicin, which acts as a natural antioxidant that delays aging symptoms. Finally, apple cider vinegar shows co…..
- Sinusitis is an inflammation of the lining of the sinuses caused by a viral or bacterial infection. Symptoms include a blocked nose, headache, facial pain and fever. Sinus infections usually clear up on their own in two to three weeks. Meanwhile, you can use these natural home remedies to relieve pain, clear congestion and reduce your recovery time.
- Everyone knows that the Resveratrol in red wine is good for your heart, but did you know that since Resveratrol is an antioxidant that it is also amazingly good for your skin? Dr Oz gave a recipe for a Red Wine Facial Mask that has tons of anti-aging properties. In addition to red wine, the honey helps reduce redness and blemishes, while the yogurt works to moisturize your skin.
- I have been a diabetic for 4 years. This is the first serum that I have ever used in my life. I always use lotions – creams but most of them irritate more than help my dry itchy skin. My arms & legs have itched to the point of me scratching until sometimes I would bleed. Nothing I tried would stop the itching for long. I applied this serum and immediately I felt a huge sigh of relief as my skin was soothed & calmed. I cannot overstate how very pleased I am with how amazingly good my skin loo…
- Sweet, tart and detoxifying, this “tea” refreshes you and provides some awesome benefits! The main ingredient is organic apple cider vinegar (ACV) and it packs a punch! It aids in weight loss, helps control blood sugar, boosts energy, improves immunity, metabolism, digestion, acne, hair, breath and more!
- The Truth About Green Tea- separating facts from fiction about the health benefits of this beautiful tea. By AsianFusions resident tea expert, May King Tsang.
- Oatmeal is an excellent and healthy way to start your day. This cereal is not only good for health but it also has many beauty benefits. Yes, you can use oats for hair and skin problems. Yes, you heard it right. This delicious cereal has many benefits and today I will be sharing some simple yet effective oatmeal recipes for beauty and hair care. 🙂 Oatmeal and egg Yolk Face Mask: Beat one egg yolk with two tbsp of oatmeal. Now add 1 tbsp of lemon juice in it and mix all the three ingredients completely. Apply this [paste on face in upward direction. Keep it for around 10 minutes and then wash off with cold water. This face mask is very good for dry skin as it tightens skin. This mask also helps in preventing wrinkle so one can start using this in late 20’s to prevent aging signs. Oatmeal and Honey Face Scrub: Oatmeal is a very good exfoliating product as it’s gentle but still works effectively. Mix 2 tbsp of oatmeal with half cup raw milk. Now add 1 tbsp of extra virgin oil and 1 tbsp of honey in the mixture and mix it well. Leave this paste for around 10 minutes so that oatmeal becomes smooth. Now, gently apply this mixture on your face and massage in circular motion. Keep scrubbing your face gently for 2-3 minutes and then rinse off with cold water. This oatmeal and honey scrub will exfoliate dead skin and will give you radiant glowing face. Honey present in the scrub will keep your face moisturized and hydrated making it softer. Oatmeal as Dry Shampoo: Having a bad hair day? Don’t worry oatmeal can be used as dry shampoo. Yes, you heard me right. Grind oatmeal in a grinder to make a fine powder. Now, mix 1 Tbsp Corn Starch or baking soda to 1/2 Cup of oatmeal powder. Add in few drops of essential oil to make your hair smell amazing. For darker hair add in some cocoa powder. Rub this mixture into your hair and then comb it out with wide tooth comb. Oatmeal removes excess oil and dirt from scalp. Now you can move out of your house without even shampooing your hair. Isn’t it a great handy tip? Oatmeal and Baking Soda Body Scrub: Mix oatmeal and baking soda in equal proportion with the help of warm water. Keep this mixture into warm water for around 10 minutes so that oatmeal becomes soft. Now, use this mixture as scrub for body and gently massage. You can use this on hands, legs, back, foot etc. after scrubbing wash off with cold water and pat dry. Oatmeal and baking soda both are excellent exfoliator and when combined together they exfoliate flawlessly. This body scrub will exfoliate dead skin and will give you smooth and soft skin. Run into the kitchen and make your own oatmeal mask. 😀 |
- Easy green tea sugar scrub with all the benefits of green tea and only three ingredients. Add essential oils for a nice aroma