Photo via: naturalmavens.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Discover the best essential oils to wake up with and kick start your day. Learn how to easily include them in your morning routine and enjoy their aromas.
- Are you tired of the mess and clutter that seem to be absolutely everywhere you look? Are you tired of feeling continually overwhelmed and like you just cant catch up? There really is a way out of the mess and the overwhelm! It wont happen overnight, but these steps will help you get on track to a home you can keep clean and enjoy!
- Oatmeal is an excellent and healthy way to start your day. This cereal is not only good for health but it also has many beauty benefits. Yes, you can use oats for hair and skin problems. Yes, you heard it right. This delicious cereal has many benefits and today I will be sharing some simple yet effective oatmeal recipes for beauty and hair care. 🙂 Oatmeal and egg Yolk Face Mask: Beat one egg yolk with two tbsp of oatmeal. Now add 1 tbsp of lemon juice in it and mix all the three ingredients completely. Apply this [paste on face in upward direction. Keep it for around 10 minutes and then wash off with cold water. This face mask is very good for dry skin as it tightens skin. This mask also helps in preventing wrinkle so one can start using this in late 20’s to prevent aging signs. Oatmeal and Honey Face Scrub: Oatmeal is a very good exfoliating product as it’s gentle but still works effectively. Mix 2 tbsp of oatmeal with half cup raw milk. Now add 1 tbsp of extra virgin oil and 1 tbsp of honey in the mixture and mix it well. Leave this paste for around 10 minutes so that oatmeal becomes smooth. Now, gently apply this mixture on your face and massage in circular motion. Keep scrubbing your face gently for 2-3 minutes and then rinse off with cold water. This oatmeal and honey scrub will exfoliate dead skin and will give you radiant glowing face. Honey present in the scrub will keep your face moisturized and hydrated making it softer. Oatmeal as Dry Shampoo: Having a bad hair day? Don’t worry oatmeal can be used as dry shampoo. Yes, you heard me right. Grind oatmeal in a grinder to make a fine powder. Now, mix 1 Tbsp Corn Starch or baking soda to 1/2 Cup of oatmeal powder. Add in few drops of essential oil to make your hair smell amazing. For darker hair add in some cocoa powder. Rub this mixture into your hair and then comb it out with wide tooth comb. Oatmeal removes excess oil and dirt from scalp. Now you can move out of your house without even shampooing your hair. Isn’t it a great handy tip? Oatmeal and Baking Soda Body Scrub: Mix oatmeal and baking soda in equal proportion with the help of warm water. Keep this mixture into warm water for around 10 minutes so that oatmeal becomes soft. Now, use this mixture as scrub for body and gently massage. You can use this on hands, legs, back, foot etc. after scrubbing wash off with cold water and pat dry. Oatmeal and baking soda both are excellent exfoliator and when combined together they exfoliate flawlessly. This body scrub will exfoliate dead skin and will give you smooth and soft skin. Run into the kitchen and make your own oatmeal mask. 😀 |
- If you have empty or almost empty essential oils bottles, this is a great way to use over every last drop inside of them!
- What Your Poop Says About Hidden Problems in Your Body- We dont normally talk about our stool, however its one of the most important indicators of our health, and it deserves a lot of attention. Learn more about the bodys hidden problems that can cause stool change in this very important infographic:
- Nails are probably one of the most under pampered part of our body. We do not do much to care about it and so we eventually see the outcome of this carelessness in the form of brittle nails. Most of the times brittle nails are the signs of a health issue, like thyroid, anemia etc. So you might have to see a doctor to sort that out. BEAUTIFUL NAILS To strengthen your nails, you must follow the following things: Vitamins Include vitamin B in your diet or start taking supplements under the guidance of a doctor. Lack of Vitamin A and Vitamin C can also be the reason for brittle nails. Protein and calcium rich diet has to be included in your daily diet. Horsetail or nettle tea Include the consumption of horsetail or nettle tea once a day. The herbs are a great source of silica as well as other minerals which are essential for the nails to grow. Essential fatty acids Healthy nails issue can be dealt by consuming essential fatty acids. This is found in fish with high fat content and flax seed oil. Consume 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil per day to combat brittle nails. Moisturize your nails Apply petroleum jelly or thick cream on the nails. It would be better if you can do it at night. Hydrate Water as everyone knows is very important for overall health. Therefore drinking water can help in hydrating the body which in turn will take care of dry and brittle nails. Massage Regular massage on the finger nails will help in increasing the blood flow towards that area which will help in promoting healthy nails. Do not overuse your nails Nails cannot substitute any tools. So stop using your nails to open soda cans or any other objects as this will only make it more brittle. Olive oil and lemon juice Take 1 spoon of olive oil and add a few drops of lemon juice and apply it on your nails regularly. This will help you combat the issue of brittle nails. You can use olive oil alone for nail treatment too. Simply immerse your nails in a bowl of olive oil and keep it for 10 minutes. Use gloves Whenever you are doing any kind of work which involves the use of your nails, always make sure your wear gloves. This will protect your nails from getting cut. Exposure to water, soap, soil etc. can damage your nails. Vitamin E and tea tree oil Take 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil and add a couple of drops of Vitamin E. Mix this well and apply it on the nails. This will help in treating the brittle nails and at the same time prevent any kind of infection on the nails. Sea salt Mix 2 teaspoons of fine sea salt and add few drops of lemon juice, myrrh oil, wheat germ oil and frankincense oil and transfer this mixture to a bowl with warm water. Soak your hands in it for 10 to 15 minutes. Do it twice a week. Related Post: Natural ways to brighten and whiten yellow, discolored nails |
- ➤ Ultrasonic oil diffusers are the perfect no-fuss way to use essential oils in your home.
- The internet is flooded with new and different types of drinks every day. While some promise to aid weight loss, a few others claim to provide some or the other health benefit(s). We are not saying that these drinks do not work as promised, but following the correct procedure for consuming them is also very important.
- Spicy and warm smells are comforting in the fall months as the days get colder. We also begin to get excited for the holidays ahead. Today I wanted to share with you some great essential oil blends for your diffuser and let you know of the freebie Im offering this month. Diffusers are a great
- All the women are always talking about the great care of skin care. The Garlic paste is a best natural remedies to keep clean and remove your wrinkles naturally and with the pain. In this way, The …
- Learn how to clean your essential oil diffuser to ensure oil purity is maintained and increase the life of your diffuser www.NaturalMavens.com
- Home made body wrap.. you can get all this at walmart for under 20$ just put a quarter size of vitamin e oil and equate cellulite cream in your hand and put it on desired area ( belly legs arms ect.) Rub it in.. you dont have to rub in all the way.. wrap saran wrap as tight as possible… wrap like 10 to 15 times around area. Leave on for a few hours. Do it 3 times a week you will see results. Clean or do something active if ur wearing during daytime or at night have a warm blanket on.