Photo via: twistmepretty.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- I have been a diabetic for 4 years. This is the first serum that I have ever used in my life. I always use lotions – creams but most of them irritate more than help my dry itchy skin. My arms & legs have itched to the point of me scratching until sometimes I would bleed. Nothing I tried would stop the itching for long. I applied this serum and immediately I felt a huge sigh of relief as my skin was soothed & calmed. I cannot overstate how very pleased I am with how amazingly good my skin loo…
- I have a love/hate relationship with Spell Check. I love it because Im a very good speller, but a horrible typist. Before the days of this brilliant invention, I would have to hunt and peck very slowly to make sure that everything came out correctly, having no instinctive feel for keyboarding, which was a frustrating damper on my creative flow, Ill tell ya. But now I can go hell-bent for leather (I dont even know what that means-did Judas Priest make that up?) and when I come up for air, all of my typos are helpfully underlined in red.But heres the hate part: Sometimes typos are still real words. If you leave an o off of too, replace the c in cough with a d, or transpose the vowels in lion, your Spell Check is not going to see it as a mistake. Also, sometimes misspelled words are still real words. If you leave the u out of fourth or have a homophonic brainlapse and write accept when you meant except, who is Spell Check to kick about it? Nobody, thats who.Heres one more reason not to trust it to do your proofreading for you: proper nouns and made-up words. When you know Spell Check wont recognize the spelling of a proper name (Smith, no problem; Nkwoze, problem) or a silly word you made up for flavor, its easy to ignore the red underlines, but what if you still managed to misspell the thing? Mr. Nkwoze might feel slighted if he sees his name as Knowze and people think hes Beyonces dad. (I know its Knowles. Dont write in.) For example, I initially typed the non-standard brainlapse as brianlapse. If I had bypassed giving it a once-over simply because I knew Spell Check couldnt handle it, I might have left people with the impression that I would be a better writer but for lack of Brian. (I miss you, Brian! Call me!)The moral of the story is: Spell Check is a tool, not a contractor. Before you send your creations out into the world, give them a good read or even have someone else read them (frequently we will miss our own mistakes because we already know what were trying to say, but they will pop out at someone else). Heck, read em twice. Its called editing. I know some errors will still get through (I was aghast at seeing a typo in the title of a story I did that was featured on the front page of Yahoo, so Im no stranger to public humiliation), but we do our best.Free use image from Pixabay https://pixabay.com/en/keyboard-computer-keys-white-886462/
- pinterest-5-Things-Your-Doctor-Wont-Tell-You-about-Your-Thyroid …. some of these I really needed to know years ago! the end of this feels like a advertisement,but the tips are wonderful, how to tell your thyroid is malfunctioning and what to ask for from your dr…after being on thyroid meds for almost 16 yrs, im discovering all the necessary tests still havent been done! read up if youve been diagnosed with thryroid disease….
- I have been suffering from diabetes for 5 years. My skin is always dry and itchy and have tried many creams, but they were all base on chemicals and petroleum ingredients. I saw this natural cream and wanted to try it. I love it. I had the best result just in minutes. My skin felt smooth and natural for the first time in ages. I am not poisoned my skin with chemicals and I’m allowing my skin be heal by natural and pure ingredients!
- I have had numerous requests, over the years, for my lotion recipe. Im going to put it out there once and for all today. But I need to give credit where credit is due. In the interest of full disc…
- Oatmeal is an excellent and healthy way to start your day. This cereal is not only good for health but it also has many beauty benefits. Yes, you can use oats for hair and skin problems. Yes, you heard it right. This delicious cereal has many benefits and today I will be sharing some simple yet effective oatmeal recipes for beauty and hair care. 🙂 Oatmeal and egg Yolk Face Mask: Beat one egg yolk with two tbsp of oatmeal. Now add 1 tbsp of lemon juice in it and mix all the three ingredients completely. Apply this [paste on face in upward direction. Keep it for around 10 minutes and then wash off with cold water. This face mask is very good for dry skin as it tightens skin. This mask also helps in preventing wrinkle so one can start using this in late 20’s to prevent aging signs. Oatmeal and Honey Face Scrub: Oatmeal is a very good exfoliating product as it’s gentle but still works effectively. Mix 2 tbsp of oatmeal with half cup raw milk. Now add 1 tbsp of extra virgin oil and 1 tbsp of honey in the mixture and mix it well. Leave this paste for around 10 minutes so that oatmeal becomes smooth. Now, gently apply this mixture on your face and massage in circular motion. Keep scrubbing your face gently for 2-3 minutes and then rinse off with cold water. This oatmeal and honey scrub will exfoliate dead skin and will give you radiant glowing face. Honey present in the scrub will keep your face moisturized and hydrated making it softer. Oatmeal as Dry Shampoo: Having a bad hair day? Don’t worry oatmeal can be used as dry shampoo. Yes, you heard me right. Grind oatmeal in a grinder to make a fine powder. Now, mix 1 Tbsp Corn Starch or baking soda to 1/2 Cup of oatmeal powder. Add in few drops of essential oil to make your hair smell amazing. For darker hair add in some cocoa powder. Rub this mixture into your hair and then comb it out with wide tooth comb. Oatmeal removes excess oil and dirt from scalp. Now you can move out of your house without even shampooing your hair. Isn’t it a great handy tip? Oatmeal and Baking Soda Body Scrub: Mix oatmeal and baking soda in equal proportion with the help of warm water. Keep this mixture into warm water for around 10 minutes so that oatmeal becomes soft. Now, use this mixture as scrub for body and gently massage. You can use this on hands, legs, back, foot etc. after scrubbing wash off with cold water and pat dry. Oatmeal and baking soda both are excellent exfoliator and when combined together they exfoliate flawlessly. This body scrub will exfoliate dead skin and will give you smooth and soft skin. Run into the kitchen and make your own oatmeal mask. 😀 |
- Do you exercise everyday and youre almost on a diet all the time but still cant lose weight? Well! dont feel bad about yourself thats the daily battle of most of us, and there must be something wrong of what we are doing. Is it the workout? or the diet? To help you figure it out we gathered 10 charts and infographics about burning fat and losing weight.
- I managed to escape the curse of headlice until the age of 7. Mummy thought it was because she was so meticulous about combing conditioner through my hair every time we washed it. But inevitably the day came when we had to face facts. Head lice come to us all at some point. Sadly we… Read More »
- Pinned say this is BEST thing for CROUP!! I hate CROUP. My grandma told me about this 10 years ago when my then 2 year old was suffering with nasty croup. It has been a lifesaver ever since with my boys who have all had reoccurring croup and other respiratory crap…
- As I thought about what has helped me enter this focus of mindfulness, one tool came to mind almost instantly: journaling. Weve chatted quite a bit about journaling lately, but of all the different mindful practices Ive tried and incorporated into my life, journaling still proves to be the most beneficial. How can journaling help with mindfulness? Click through to continue reading+ download the FREE mindfulness worksheets
- Centerpiece cylinder vase lot of 4 silver cylinder vases wrapped with decorative rhinestone mesh wrap Glass vases are 7.50 inches tall and 3.50 inches in diameter **Please note the wrap does not contain genuine rhinestones, diamonds or crystals** An elegant and easy way to add pizazz to your special event! Great for guestbook table, buffet tables, cake and sweetheart table Ideal for bridal party bouquets at the head table or you can add water and floating candle and use as part of your centerpiece arrangements Lots of decorative options for these bling vases ***The pomander balls are NOT INCLUDED*** Vases are assembled with an environmentally friendly adhesive. No hot glue or harsh chemical adhesives are used on these bling tealights Coordinating items available: votive wraps, bridal bouquet wraps, napkin rings, tealight candles, flameless LED tealights and votive candles Additional styles and colors available here : http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThePartyDeeva?section_id=12265559 If a different quantity is required please message me and I will set up a custom listing for you This item is shipped via the US Postal Service within 3 to 7 days receipt of payment. If you require a faster shipping method or expedited service please contact me Return to main page of The Party Deeva https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThePartyDeeva To ensure you have a positive and satisfying purchasing experience with The Party Deeva please take a moment to read my policies section **Please be original as item titles, descriptions, tags and images are ThePartyDeevas 2012 All rights reserved**
- The 2016 Womans Guide to Great Skin ~~ This is awesome. My Mom started me on a similar routine when I was about 11-yrs-old. Im now 66 years old, and people often compliment me on my skin. I tell them I owe it all to my wonderful Mom, whose own skin was like porcelain until she passed away. ~~