Photo via: werefarfromnormal.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- These 20 Hacks Will Forever Change How You Clean Your House. They’re Genius.
- I have a love/hate relationship with Spell Check. I love it because Im a very good speller, but a horrible typist. Before the days of this brilliant invention, I would have to hunt and peck very slowly to make sure that everything came out correctly, having no instinctive feel for keyboarding, which was a frustrating damper on my creative flow, Ill tell ya. But now I can go hell-bent for leather (I dont even know what that means-did Judas Priest make that up?) and when I come up for air, all of my typos are helpfully underlined in red.But heres the hate part: Sometimes typos are still real words. If you leave an o off of too, replace the c in cough with a d, or transpose the vowels in lion, your Spell Check is not going to see it as a mistake. Also, sometimes misspelled words are still real words. If you leave the u out of fourth or have a homophonic brainlapse and write accept when you meant except, who is Spell Check to kick about it? Nobody, thats who.Heres one more reason not to trust it to do your proofreading for you: proper nouns and made-up words. When you know Spell Check wont recognize the spelling of a proper name (Smith, no problem; Nkwoze, problem) or a silly word you made up for flavor, its easy to ignore the red underlines, but what if you still managed to misspell the thing? Mr. Nkwoze might feel slighted if he sees his name as Knowze and people think hes Beyonces dad. (I know its Knowles. Dont write in.) For example, I initially typed the non-standard brainlapse as brianlapse. If I had bypassed giving it a once-over simply because I knew Spell Check couldnt handle it, I might have left people with the impression that I would be a better writer but for lack of Brian. (I miss you, Brian! Call me!)The moral of the story is: Spell Check is a tool, not a contractor. Before you send your creations out into the world, give them a good read or even have someone else read them (frequently we will miss our own mistakes because we already know what were trying to say, but they will pop out at someone else). Heck, read em twice. Its called editing. I know some errors will still get through (I was aghast at seeing a typo in the title of a story I did that was featured on the front page of Yahoo, so Im no stranger to public humiliation), but we do our best.Free use image from Pixabay https://pixabay.com/en/keyboard-computer-keys-white-886462/
- Make these gorgeous bath bombs for a lovely Christmas gift for your Mom, sister or girlfriend – full instructions can be found here. Here are the items we think you may need to complete this project This homemade peppermint vanilla sugar scrub is a great Christmas gift for the lady in your life! Super easy …
- Do you know how to flavor Kombucha? It’s super easy to turn your homemade Kombucha into a refreshing carbonated drink and the flavor options are endless!
- Relieve PMS symptoms and make that time of the month more bearable by eating these foods that are proven to relieve your worst period symptoms.
- RethinkImpossible Whether you are a girl or guy do you have the kind of fire in your mind to bring this level of passion to your life and business? Is this kind of fire in your belly? This kind of intensity to succeed? To bring YOU with full force at 100% into every aspect of your life? I personally dont but guess what is next on my mindset makeover list? Personal PASSION and ferocity to succeed. BecRobbie
- Use these simple skin tightening masks with ingredients right from your kitchen to tighten and firm the skin. Egg yolks will make your skin softer, shinier, and smoother. * Mix 2 egg yolks with 1 tbsp of olive oil. * Slowly and thoroughly massage this mask into your skin. * Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes to absorb all the needed nutrients and then rinse off. DIY Natural super skin tightening masks >> Egg contains high level of proteins and vitamin E that helps to shrink down the pores and tighten skin while the acidity in lemon exfoliates the skin and lightens it. * Whisk egg white with few drops of lemon. * Apply evenly and keep it for 20mins, you will feel your skin being firm and tight. * Rinse off with cool water and pat dry. |
- Dont throw away your water bottles! Up-cycle them into this fun backyard game! Super easy and house of fun!
- Oatmeal is an excellent and healthy way to start your day. This cereal is not only good for health but it also has many beauty benefits. Yes, you can use oats for hair and skin problems. Yes, you heard it right. This delicious cereal has many benefits and today I will be sharing some simple yet effective oatmeal recipes for beauty and hair care. 🙂 Oatmeal and egg Yolk Face Mask: Beat one egg yolk with two tbsp of oatmeal. Now add 1 tbsp of lemon juice in it and mix all the three ingredients completely. Apply this [paste on face in upward direction. Keep it for around 10 minutes and then wash off with cold water. This face mask is very good for dry skin as it tightens skin. This mask also helps in preventing wrinkle so one can start using this in late 20’s to prevent aging signs. Oatmeal and Honey Face Scrub: Oatmeal is a very good exfoliating product as it’s gentle but still works effectively. Mix 2 tbsp of oatmeal with half cup raw milk. Now add 1 tbsp of extra virgin oil and 1 tbsp of honey in the mixture and mix it well. Leave this paste for around 10 minutes so that oatmeal becomes smooth. Now, gently apply this mixture on your face and massage in circular motion. Keep scrubbing your face gently for 2-3 minutes and then rinse off with cold water. This oatmeal and honey scrub will exfoliate dead skin and will give you radiant glowing face. Honey present in the scrub will keep your face moisturized and hydrated making it softer. Oatmeal as Dry Shampoo: Having a bad hair day? Don’t worry oatmeal can be used as dry shampoo. Yes, you heard me right. Grind oatmeal in a grinder to make a fine powder. Now, mix 1 Tbsp Corn Starch or baking soda to 1/2 Cup of oatmeal powder. Add in few drops of essential oil to make your hair smell amazing. For darker hair add in some cocoa powder. Rub this mixture into your hair and then comb it out with wide tooth comb. Oatmeal removes excess oil and dirt from scalp. Now you can move out of your house without even shampooing your hair. Isn’t it a great handy tip? Oatmeal and Baking Soda Body Scrub: Mix oatmeal and baking soda in equal proportion with the help of warm water. Keep this mixture into warm water for around 10 minutes so that oatmeal becomes soft. Now, use this mixture as scrub for body and gently massage. You can use this on hands, legs, back, foot etc. after scrubbing wash off with cold water and pat dry. Oatmeal and baking soda both are excellent exfoliator and when combined together they exfoliate flawlessly. This body scrub will exfoliate dead skin and will give you smooth and soft skin. Run into the kitchen and make your own oatmeal mask. 😀 |
- Not only can you save a lot of money by making your own products, but its a lot healthier too. These make perfect gifts for Christmas, birthdays, or to welcome a new neighbor to your street. Super simple recipes that are sure to please!
- Today, Im showing you a green, natural alternative to dryer sheets that you can make at home. These super-simple DIYs soften your clothes, add fragrance and keep clothes FRESH – And theyre healthy and all-natural. And, best of all, its money saving! Check it out on my YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj2hFR8SOlg
- Make a quick and easy emergency first aid kit for your purse when you are on the go. Filled with the most important medicines you and your family will need, its easy to turn a pill box into Moms Emergency Box.