Photo via: hative.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Nails are probably one of the most under pampered part of our body. We do not do much to care about it and so we eventually see the outcome of this carelessness in the form of brittle nails. Most of the times brittle nails are the signs of a health issue, like thyroid, anemia etc. So you might have to see a doctor to sort that out. BEAUTIFUL NAILS To strengthen your nails, you must follow the following things: Vitamins Include vitamin B in your diet or start taking supplements under the guidance of a doctor. Lack of Vitamin A and Vitamin C can also be the reason for brittle nails. Protein and calcium rich diet has to be included in your daily diet. Horsetail or nettle tea Include the consumption of horsetail or nettle tea once a day. The herbs are a great source of silica as well as other minerals which are essential for the nails to grow. Essential fatty acids Healthy nails issue can be dealt by consuming essential fatty acids. This is found in fish with high fat content and flax seed oil. Consume 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil per day to combat brittle nails. Moisturize your nails Apply petroleum jelly or thick cream on the nails. It would be better if you can do it at night. Hydrate Water as everyone knows is very important for overall health. Therefore drinking water can help in hydrating the body which in turn will take care of dry and brittle nails. Massage Regular massage on the finger nails will help in increasing the blood flow towards that area which will help in promoting healthy nails. Do not overuse your nails Nails cannot substitute any tools. So stop using your nails to open soda cans or any other objects as this will only make it more brittle. Olive oil and lemon juice Take 1 spoon of olive oil and add a few drops of lemon juice and apply it on your nails regularly. This will help you combat the issue of brittle nails. You can use olive oil alone for nail treatment too. Simply immerse your nails in a bowl of olive oil and keep it for 10 minutes. Use gloves Whenever you are doing any kind of work which involves the use of your nails, always make sure your wear gloves. This will protect your nails from getting cut. Exposure to water, soap, soil etc. can damage your nails. Vitamin E and tea tree oil Take 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil and add a couple of drops of Vitamin E. Mix this well and apply it on the nails. This will help in treating the brittle nails and at the same time prevent any kind of infection on the nails. Sea salt Mix 2 teaspoons of fine sea salt and add few drops of lemon juice, myrrh oil, wheat germ oil and frankincense oil and transfer this mixture to a bowl with warm water. Soak your hands in it for 10 to 15 minutes. Do it twice a week. Related Post: Natural ways to brighten and whiten yellow, discolored nails |
- These ingredients aren’t magic and can’t stop aging, but certainly they can hide its signs and can delay the aging process. The good thing is the results will be quick. The ingredients are cheap, accessible and you probably have them in the kitchen. This homemade mask will help firming your skin and you’ll feel more …
- Its so hard to get back to writing once weve dropped the ball, but if its rolling down the sidewalk even now, we can catch it! Try one of these ideas, tomorrow if not today, and your writing mojo will be crawling in the doggy door before you know it. Click the pin for even more ideas to bust your writers block. // Something Delicious
- I just love a well-designed monochromatic room — you can do a monochromatic color scheme in any design style you want, from traditional to ultra-modern. And monochromatic design doesn’t just apply to neutrals, any color can be used in this kind of scheme. A key thing to remember about monochromatic design is that it means one color, not just one shade.
- No more $30 bottles of fancy, toxic astringents. This recipe uses 3 ingredients found in your cabinet. Keep your pores clean and healthy. Simple Homemade Facial Astringent | Live Simply
- Here is a pretty handy Ayurveda Daily Routine Checklist, including the must-dos, along with some feel goods for when you have extra time in your day. Print it out to hang in your bathroom, planner, or just hide in a place that you will find it at the exact right moment.
- A nice little roundup of cheap and easy curb appeal ideas for your home with lots of before and after photos! Whether you have a small home, ranch style home, split level home, or anything in between, youre sure to find something that will make it stand out from the rest!
- The questions are: Can autism be healed? Can I get rid of my migraines? Can I clear up my sons eczema, my daughters colic, my chronic cystitis? What about my childs asthma and allergies? The answers are in the kitchen… Find out more in the GAPS Class – http://honestbody.com/gaps-class Registration is open until June 20.
- Sore throat cure! Immediate relief! And the fast isnt too bad at all! I used apple cider vinegar instead of white, and about 1 tsp of cinnamon. Yep! Ill be putting this concoction in my Px cabinet for sure!
- The earth is rich with natural healing power and there may be no better example of this than Tea Tree. It purifies as it heals and is a must for any home medicine cabinet or first-aid kit. Discovered
- Your eyelids are part of a ring of muscle, or the orbicularis oculi, which encircles your eye. This muscle allows you to open and close your eyes. Your…
- Organize your home with these simple Organizing Ideas for your Bathroom! Cabinet Bathroom Organization Makeover with amazing before and after photos.