Photo via: waytosteelhealth.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Oatmeal is an excellent and healthy way to start your day. This cereal is not only good for health but it also has many beauty benefits. Yes, you can use oats for hair and skin problems. Yes, you heard it right. This delicious cereal has many benefits and today I will be sharing some simple yet effective oatmeal recipes for beauty and hair care. 🙂 Oatmeal and egg Yolk Face Mask: Beat one egg yolk with two tbsp of oatmeal. Now add 1 tbsp of lemon juice in it and mix all the three ingredients completely. Apply this [paste on face in upward direction. Keep it for around 10 minutes and then wash off with cold water. This face mask is very good for dry skin as it tightens skin. This mask also helps in preventing wrinkle so one can start using this in late 20’s to prevent aging signs. Oatmeal and Honey Face Scrub: Oatmeal is a very good exfoliating product as it’s gentle but still works effectively. Mix 2 tbsp of oatmeal with half cup raw milk. Now add 1 tbsp of extra virgin oil and 1 tbsp of honey in the mixture and mix it well. Leave this paste for around 10 minutes so that oatmeal becomes smooth. Now, gently apply this mixture on your face and massage in circular motion. Keep scrubbing your face gently for 2-3 minutes and then rinse off with cold water. This oatmeal and honey scrub will exfoliate dead skin and will give you radiant glowing face. Honey present in the scrub will keep your face moisturized and hydrated making it softer. Oatmeal as Dry Shampoo: Having a bad hair day? Don’t worry oatmeal can be used as dry shampoo. Yes, you heard me right. Grind oatmeal in a grinder to make a fine powder. Now, mix 1 Tbsp Corn Starch or baking soda to 1/2 Cup of oatmeal powder. Add in few drops of essential oil to make your hair smell amazing. For darker hair add in some cocoa powder. Rub this mixture into your hair and then comb it out with wide tooth comb. Oatmeal removes excess oil and dirt from scalp. Now you can move out of your house without even shampooing your hair. Isn’t it a great handy tip? Oatmeal and Baking Soda Body Scrub: Mix oatmeal and baking soda in equal proportion with the help of warm water. Keep this mixture into warm water for around 10 minutes so that oatmeal becomes soft. Now, use this mixture as scrub for body and gently massage. You can use this on hands, legs, back, foot etc. after scrubbing wash off with cold water and pat dry. Oatmeal and baking soda both are excellent exfoliator and when combined together they exfoliate flawlessly. This body scrub will exfoliate dead skin and will give you smooth and soft skin. Run into the kitchen and make your own oatmeal mask. 😀 |
- Non-toxic replacement for Goo Gone–just mix equal parts coconut oil and baking soda.
- Previous pinner said: A few months ago I stopped using facewash. I use a scrub of baking soda and coconut oil every few days. On the days in between, just coconut oil. I use tiny amounts – a pinch of soda, and a bit of coconut oil the size of a pencil eraser. Wash in gentle, circular motions and rinse very well. Your face may seem oily afterward, but within a few minutes the oil is absorbed and your skin is glowing. My face used to break out regularly. Now, almost never!
- 7 SECRET HOME REMEDIES FOR WHEN YOUR CHILD IS SICK OR IN PAIN. 1. The B.R.A.T. for diarrhea. It stands for- Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast 2. BLACK LICORICE will cure their constipation nine times out of ten! 3. The chemical reaction between baking soda and vinegar creates a cooling effect that will soothe your child’s minor burns. Just pour equal amounts of the ingredients into a bowl to bathe your child’s hand till the burning stops. 4. For an earache, use a hot pack big enough so they ca…
- Baking Soda with Coconut Oil Underarm Whitening Scrubs Baking soda is an excellent scrub that effectively exfoliates to remove dead and damaged cells, bacteria (or germs) which in turn unclogs the skin pores to lighten up your dark armpits. Coconut oil has antibacterial that prevents germs causing body odor and vitamin E in oil helps to nourish and moisture the skin. BakingSoda CoconutOil UnderarmWhiteningScrubs DIYRemedies
- Underarm Whitening Scrub: Make a paste with 1 tsp. of coconut oil and 1 tsp. of baking soda. Scrub gently for a few minutes, then leave it on for 5-10 minutes before washing off.
- If you want the softest, clearest skin, use these together! 2tbsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp coconut oil and enough water to make a paste is enough for your neck and face. Scrub for 3 min then rinse with cold water! Immediately saw a difference. Smaller pores and glowing skin! And the coconut oil moisturizes your skin for you! by hhagit
- If you want the softest, clearest skin, use these together! 2tbsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp coconut oil and enough water to make a paste is enough for your neck and face. Scrub for 3 min then rinse with cold water! Immediately saw a difference. Smaller pores and glowing skin! And the coconut oil moisturizes your skin for you!
- Make all purpose cleaners by pouring with equal parts into a spray bottle Clean dirt off your computer and mouse with a little vinegar and a q tip Clean your drains with vinegar and baking soda Wipe away mildew Clean and polish chrome and stainless steel Use as a fruit wash-rinses away germs Erase ballpoint-pen marks Erase crayon marks from clothes Remove stickers and price tags Disinfect cutting boards Restore wood paneling Remove carpet stains Keep car windows frost free Remove ca
- Since Obama signed a bill in December 2015, which bans the use of plastic micro beads in all cosmetic formulations, big companies are scrambling to come up with an alternative. Micro beads are tiny beads of plastic that were used primarily in exfoliating products, particularly face washes. Unfortunately, these beads add to our already-polluted oceans, where even bigger pieces of plastic break down and become part of an island of plastic (the size of Texas), in the Pacific Ocean. So I decided to create an exfoliating face wash, which does an even better job than the plastic beads, is healthier for your skin, and healthier for the planet. It is anti-bacterial, so great for anyone who is prone to breaking out, but also works for dry skins because of the oils that I’ve added. I am using jojoba pearls. These are tiny beads of hardened jojoba oil, which are not water soluble – so they will stay intact in your formulation. Jojoba pearls are perfect for gently exfoliating any skin type. Check it out on my YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upeAtaHGslg
- This simple coconut sugar lip scrub is one you can make at home using only two ingredients. It’s perfect for taking five minutes and pampering your dry, winter lips. I love making my own homemade lotions and potions and this one is super easy to do and smells delicious. The scrub contains coconut sugar and coconut …
- Homemade Natural Mouthwash 1/2 cup water 1 teaspoon coconut oil 2 drops peppermint essential oil (or another oil such as cinnamon, clove, or wintergreen) Pinch of sea salt Optional: add a drop or 2 of another essential oil, such as spearmint or tea tree oil Optional: pinch of baking soda