Photo via: myellowumbrella.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- I have been a diabetic for 4 years. This is the first serum that I have ever used in my life. I always use lotions – creams but most of them irritate more than help my dry itchy skin. My arms & legs have itched to the point of me scratching until sometimes I would bleed. Nothing I tried would stop the itching for long. I applied this serum and immediately I felt a huge sigh of relief as my skin was soothed & calmed. I cannot overstate how very pleased I am with how amazingly good my skin loo…
- Nails are probably one of the most under pampered part of our body. We do not do much to care about it and so we eventually see the outcome of this carelessness in the form of brittle nails. Most of the times brittle nails are the signs of a health issue, like thyroid, anemia etc. So you might have to see a doctor to sort that out. BEAUTIFUL NAILS To strengthen your nails, you must follow the following things: Vitamins Include vitamin B in your diet or start taking supplements under the guidance of a doctor. Lack of Vitamin A and Vitamin C can also be the reason for brittle nails. Protein and calcium rich diet has to be included in your daily diet. Horsetail or nettle tea Include the consumption of horsetail or nettle tea once a day. The herbs are a great source of silica as well as other minerals which are essential for the nails to grow. Essential fatty acids Healthy nails issue can be dealt by consuming essential fatty acids. This is found in fish with high fat content and flax seed oil. Consume 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil per day to combat brittle nails. Moisturize your nails Apply petroleum jelly or thick cream on the nails. It would be better if you can do it at night. Hydrate Water as everyone knows is very important for overall health. Therefore drinking water can help in hydrating the body which in turn will take care of dry and brittle nails. Massage Regular massage on the finger nails will help in increasing the blood flow towards that area which will help in promoting healthy nails. Do not overuse your nails Nails cannot substitute any tools. So stop using your nails to open soda cans or any other objects as this will only make it more brittle. Olive oil and lemon juice Take 1 spoon of olive oil and add a few drops of lemon juice and apply it on your nails regularly. This will help you combat the issue of brittle nails. You can use olive oil alone for nail treatment too. Simply immerse your nails in a bowl of olive oil and keep it for 10 minutes. Use gloves Whenever you are doing any kind of work which involves the use of your nails, always make sure your wear gloves. This will protect your nails from getting cut. Exposure to water, soap, soil etc. can damage your nails. Vitamin E and tea tree oil Take 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil and add a couple of drops of Vitamin E. Mix this well and apply it on the nails. This will help in treating the brittle nails and at the same time prevent any kind of infection on the nails. Sea salt Mix 2 teaspoons of fine sea salt and add few drops of lemon juice, myrrh oil, wheat germ oil and frankincense oil and transfer this mixture to a bowl with warm water. Soak your hands in it for 10 to 15 minutes. Do it twice a week. Related Post: Natural ways to brighten and whiten yellow, discolored nails |
- Homemade Coconut Oil Lotion Bars – Moisturize your skin without chemicals and unnatural ingredients by using homemade coconut oil lotion bars. You can customize this easy DIY recipe by substituting your favorite essential oils. These homemade coconut oil lotion bars also make great DIY gifts.
- Today Im with Mark and Cristina to demonstrate how to mix up a natural formula for cleaning teeth. I explain that there are many benefits to avoiding harsh chemicals in toothpaste. One main ingredient is activated charcoal which pulls toxins from the teeth. Orly gives it a try! The next is called “oil pulling” and I use melted coconut oil, spearmint oil, and clove oil to create molds, which then melt into your mouth.MOUTH RINSE INGREDIENTS – ½ cup sesame oil or unrefined coconut oil (heated to liquefy) – 10 drops clove essential oil // http://goo.gl/kqpxJg – 15 drops spearmint essential oil // http://goo.gl/vfhfoCREMINERALIZING TOOTHPASTE INGREDIENTS – ½ Calcium Carbonate – ¼ cup baking soda – ½ cup xylitol – ¾ cup coconut oil – 10 drops peppermint essential oil // http://goo.gl/rkRvGHSteps: – Mix all ingredients in a small mason jar. – Use a Popsicle stick to scoop out of jar and place on your toothbrushCharcoal toothpaste is available at: http://goo.gl/FU3qxgHave you done my 30-day Gorgeous for Good program yet? Order my new book on Amazon: http://goo.gl/HH1w8TYou can also subscribe to my channel – I post three videos each week!http://bit.ly/1KXKBt6Be sure to follow me on social media!!Blog // http://bit.ly/1IbnU0RFacebook // http://on.fb.me/1RIBRb4Twitter // http://bit.ly/1Q5Rps4Instagram // http://bit.ly/1If2kvoPinterest // http://bit.ly/1KCAd6N
- How to Make Homemade Pain Cream, This cream which can be used topically on many pains packs powerful ingredients that include beeswax, coconut oil, olive oil or grapeseed oil, wintergreen essential oils, lavender essential oils, peppermint essential oils and clove essential oils. (Check the bold words above to see sample ingredients.)
- Homemade face wash: create your own ratio as desired of: oatmeal, baking powder, coconut oil, olive oil, a few drops tea tree oil, sugar Blend in a magic bullet until oatmeal is really fine particles.
- Cinnamon contains anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, as well as a natural grittiness that helps clear out clogged pores. Use cinnamon in various DIY beauty treatments to get clean and clear skin naturally. Cinnamon scrub or mask can help you fade acne scars and even out skin discoloration, giving your bright and toned skin. Cinnamon face and body scrub: Ingredients: Granulated Sugar – 1/4 Cup Ground Cinnamon – 1 Tsp Extra virgin olive oil or organic honey – 1 Tbsp Mix granulated white sugar with extra-virgin olive oil or honey and ground cinnamon. Mix everything and use it to exfoliate your body while in shower for smoother skin. This scrub will also treat back or body acne. Cinnamon clear skin Mask: Ingredients: Baking soda – 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon – 1/4 Tsp Extra virgin olive oil or raw honey – 1 Tbsp Mix organic cinnamon, nutmeg and raw honey ( oily skin) or olive oil (dry skin). Apply the mask to your face and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Wash it off while scrubbing softly in circular motion for exfoliation. The mask might sting your skin for few mins once applied. Acne Spot treatment: Add a bit of cinnamon about 1/4 teaspoon to a tablespoon of honey and mix into a paste. Dab it on that zit. Leave it for 5-10 minutes and rinse off. Lip plumper: Cinnamon naturally plumps up the lips because it very mildly irritates the skin of the lips and with the increased blood flow in this area, the lips start to swell slightly resulting in fuller and plumper lips. DIY natural cinnamon lip plumper. Blackheads: Cinnamon and honey make a wonderful combination for getting rid of blackheads. Mix 1 teaspoon raw honey with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon. Apply the paste to the affected areas and rub gently for 1 minute. Let sit for a few minutes and rinse well with cool water. ** Side note **: Cinnamon can cause irritation though, so be sure to try the treatment out on your inner arm before applying it to your face. |
- Use these simple skin tightening masks with ingredients right from your kitchen to tighten and firm the skin. Egg yolks will make your skin softer, shinier, and smoother. * Mix 2 egg yolks with 1 tbsp of olive oil. * Slowly and thoroughly massage this mask into your skin. * Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes to absorb all the needed nutrients and then rinse off. DIY Natural super skin tightening masks >> Egg contains high level of proteins and vitamin E that helps to shrink down the pores and tighten skin while the acidity in lemon exfoliates the skin and lightens it. * Whisk egg white with few drops of lemon. * Apply evenly and keep it for 20mins, you will feel your skin being firm and tight. * Rinse off with cool water and pat dry. |
- Oatmeal is an excellent and healthy way to start your day. This cereal is not only good for health but it also has many beauty benefits. Yes, you can use oats for hair and skin problems. Yes, you heard it right. This delicious cereal has many benefits and today I will be sharing some simple yet effective oatmeal recipes for beauty and hair care. 🙂 Oatmeal and egg Yolk Face Mask: Beat one egg yolk with two tbsp of oatmeal. Now add 1 tbsp of lemon juice in it and mix all the three ingredients completely. Apply this [paste on face in upward direction. Keep it for around 10 minutes and then wash off with cold water. This face mask is very good for dry skin as it tightens skin. This mask also helps in preventing wrinkle so one can start using this in late 20’s to prevent aging signs. Oatmeal and Honey Face Scrub: Oatmeal is a very good exfoliating product as it’s gentle but still works effectively. Mix 2 tbsp of oatmeal with half cup raw milk. Now add 1 tbsp of extra virgin oil and 1 tbsp of honey in the mixture and mix it well. Leave this paste for around 10 minutes so that oatmeal becomes smooth. Now, gently apply this mixture on your face and massage in circular motion. Keep scrubbing your face gently for 2-3 minutes and then rinse off with cold water. This oatmeal and honey scrub will exfoliate dead skin and will give you radiant glowing face. Honey present in the scrub will keep your face moisturized and hydrated making it softer. Oatmeal as Dry Shampoo: Having a bad hair day? Don’t worry oatmeal can be used as dry shampoo. Yes, you heard me right. Grind oatmeal in a grinder to make a fine powder. Now, mix 1 Tbsp Corn Starch or baking soda to 1/2 Cup of oatmeal powder. Add in few drops of essential oil to make your hair smell amazing. For darker hair add in some cocoa powder. Rub this mixture into your hair and then comb it out with wide tooth comb. Oatmeal removes excess oil and dirt from scalp. Now you can move out of your house without even shampooing your hair. Isn’t it a great handy tip? Oatmeal and Baking Soda Body Scrub: Mix oatmeal and baking soda in equal proportion with the help of warm water. Keep this mixture into warm water for around 10 minutes so that oatmeal becomes soft. Now, use this mixture as scrub for body and gently massage. You can use this on hands, legs, back, foot etc. after scrubbing wash off with cold water and pat dry. Oatmeal and baking soda both are excellent exfoliator and when combined together they exfoliate flawlessly. This body scrub will exfoliate dead skin and will give you smooth and soft skin. Run into the kitchen and make your own oatmeal mask. 😀 |
- Homemade natural ointment free of chemicals and carcinogens unlike commercial petroleum jelly. alexismathews.com
- Looking for a unique DIY holiday gift idea? Consider making some homemade peppermint lip balm using just a few natural ingredients. Its so easy, youll never want to buy store-bought again! The shea butter is super soothing for dry lips especially when paired with peppermint essential oil.
- 35 useful ways to use coconut oil. Coconut Oil can be used in a variety of ways find out 35 useful ways in this weeks blog. Read more now!