Photo via: harpersbazaar.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Cinnamon contains anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, as well as a natural grittiness that helps clear out clogged pores. Use cinnamon in various DIY beauty treatments to get clean and clear skin naturally. Cinnamon scrub or mask can help you fade acne scars and even out skin discoloration, giving your bright and toned skin. Cinnamon face and body scrub: Ingredients: Granulated Sugar – 1/4 Cup Ground Cinnamon – 1 Tsp Extra virgin olive oil or organic honey – 1 Tbsp Mix granulated white sugar with extra-virgin olive oil or honey and ground cinnamon. Mix everything and use it to exfoliate your body while in shower for smoother skin. This scrub will also treat back or body acne. Cinnamon clear skin Mask: Ingredients: Baking soda – 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon – 1/4 Tsp Extra virgin olive oil or raw honey – 1 Tbsp Mix organic cinnamon, nutmeg and raw honey ( oily skin) or olive oil (dry skin). Apply the mask to your face and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Wash it off while scrubbing softly in circular motion for exfoliation. The mask might sting your skin for few mins once applied. Acne Spot treatment: Add a bit of cinnamon about 1/4 teaspoon to a tablespoon of honey and mix into a paste. Dab it on that zit. Leave it for 5-10 minutes and rinse off. Lip plumper: Cinnamon naturally plumps up the lips because it very mildly irritates the skin of the lips and with the increased blood flow in this area, the lips start to swell slightly resulting in fuller and plumper lips. DIY natural cinnamon lip plumper. Blackheads: Cinnamon and honey make a wonderful combination for getting rid of blackheads. Mix 1 teaspoon raw honey with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon. Apply the paste to the affected areas and rub gently for 1 minute. Let sit for a few minutes and rinse well with cool water. ** Side note **: Cinnamon can cause irritation though, so be sure to try the treatment out on your inner arm before applying it to your face. |
- Do you struggle with mascara? Here are 19 beauty and makeup tips and tricks that will make applying mascara easier than ever for great eyelashes.
- Oatmeal is an excellent and healthy way to start your day. This cereal is not only good for health but it also has many beauty benefits. Yes, you can use oats for hair and skin problems. Yes, you heard it right. This delicious cereal has many benefits and today I will be sharing some simple yet effective oatmeal recipes for beauty and hair care. 🙂 Oatmeal and egg Yolk Face Mask: Beat one egg yolk with two tbsp of oatmeal. Now add 1 tbsp of lemon juice in it and mix all the three ingredients completely. Apply this [paste on face in upward direction. Keep it for around 10 minutes and then wash off with cold water. This face mask is very good for dry skin as it tightens skin. This mask also helps in preventing wrinkle so one can start using this in late 20’s to prevent aging signs. Oatmeal and Honey Face Scrub: Oatmeal is a very good exfoliating product as it’s gentle but still works effectively. Mix 2 tbsp of oatmeal with half cup raw milk. Now add 1 tbsp of extra virgin oil and 1 tbsp of honey in the mixture and mix it well. Leave this paste for around 10 minutes so that oatmeal becomes smooth. Now, gently apply this mixture on your face and massage in circular motion. Keep scrubbing your face gently for 2-3 minutes and then rinse off with cold water. This oatmeal and honey scrub will exfoliate dead skin and will give you radiant glowing face. Honey present in the scrub will keep your face moisturized and hydrated making it softer. Oatmeal as Dry Shampoo: Having a bad hair day? Don’t worry oatmeal can be used as dry shampoo. Yes, you heard me right. Grind oatmeal in a grinder to make a fine powder. Now, mix 1 Tbsp Corn Starch or baking soda to 1/2 Cup of oatmeal powder. Add in few drops of essential oil to make your hair smell amazing. For darker hair add in some cocoa powder. Rub this mixture into your hair and then comb it out with wide tooth comb. Oatmeal removes excess oil and dirt from scalp. Now you can move out of your house without even shampooing your hair. Isn’t it a great handy tip? Oatmeal and Baking Soda Body Scrub: Mix oatmeal and baking soda in equal proportion with the help of warm water. Keep this mixture into warm water for around 10 minutes so that oatmeal becomes soft. Now, use this mixture as scrub for body and gently massage. You can use this on hands, legs, back, foot etc. after scrubbing wash off with cold water and pat dry. Oatmeal and baking soda both are excellent exfoliator and when combined together they exfoliate flawlessly. This body scrub will exfoliate dead skin and will give you smooth and soft skin. Run into the kitchen and make your own oatmeal mask. 😀 |
- It smells amazing and feels wonderful. (Remove baking soda if you have sensitive skin)
- Sometimes your healthier self may be difficult to see, feel, or access… but dont stop believing shes in there! Health is a journey. Id love to walk with you. Lets connect! http://holisticallyhealthyhome.com/contact/
- Nails are probably one of the most under pampered part of our body. We do not do much to care about it and so we eventually see the outcome of this carelessness in the form of brittle nails. Most of the times brittle nails are the signs of a health issue, like thyroid, anemia etc. So you might have to see a doctor to sort that out. BEAUTIFUL NAILS To strengthen your nails, you must follow the following things: Vitamins Include vitamin B in your diet or start taking supplements under the guidance of a doctor. Lack of Vitamin A and Vitamin C can also be the reason for brittle nails. Protein and calcium rich diet has to be included in your daily diet. Horsetail or nettle tea Include the consumption of horsetail or nettle tea once a day. The herbs are a great source of silica as well as other minerals which are essential for the nails to grow. Essential fatty acids Healthy nails issue can be dealt by consuming essential fatty acids. This is found in fish with high fat content and flax seed oil. Consume 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil per day to combat brittle nails. Moisturize your nails Apply petroleum jelly or thick cream on the nails. It would be better if you can do it at night. Hydrate Water as everyone knows is very important for overall health. Therefore drinking water can help in hydrating the body which in turn will take care of dry and brittle nails. Massage Regular massage on the finger nails will help in increasing the blood flow towards that area which will help in promoting healthy nails. Do not overuse your nails Nails cannot substitute any tools. So stop using your nails to open soda cans or any other objects as this will only make it more brittle. Olive oil and lemon juice Take 1 spoon of olive oil and add a few drops of lemon juice and apply it on your nails regularly. This will help you combat the issue of brittle nails. You can use olive oil alone for nail treatment too. Simply immerse your nails in a bowl of olive oil and keep it for 10 minutes. Use gloves Whenever you are doing any kind of work which involves the use of your nails, always make sure your wear gloves. This will protect your nails from getting cut. Exposure to water, soap, soil etc. can damage your nails. Vitamin E and tea tree oil Take 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil and add a couple of drops of Vitamin E. Mix this well and apply it on the nails. This will help in treating the brittle nails and at the same time prevent any kind of infection on the nails. Sea salt Mix 2 teaspoons of fine sea salt and add few drops of lemon juice, myrrh oil, wheat germ oil and frankincense oil and transfer this mixture to a bowl with warm water. Soak your hands in it for 10 to 15 minutes. Do it twice a week. Related Post: Natural ways to brighten and whiten yellow, discolored nails |
- Well .. don´t use this .-) How to apply old-age makeup… Always good to have these tools in my makeup belt 😉
- Many of us are programmed to believe we need to keep our fingers and hands away from our face to maintain clear skin. We take our makeup off with cleansing cloths and wash our faces with rotating
- 21 Day Morning Detox Routine for Gorgeous Skin | Beauty and MakeUp Tips
- Anti-Aging Tips For Beautiful Skin | OHMY-CREATIVE.COM | anti aging skin care | anti aging products | skin care for 40s | skin care for 50s | aging skin care makeup | look younger | sunscreen | sun hats | skin peel | beauty tips
- So pretty, so easy. Amy Sefton / Via BuzzFeed Life Amy Sefton / BuzzFeed Life 01. If you don’t want to wear a full face of makeup, just filling in your eyebrows can make a huge difference. Keith Morrison / Alice Mongkongllite / Via BuzzFeed Life 02. Stuck on how to get the perfect cat …
- Are you tired of the unsightly brown spots on your skin but don’t want to spend your money on some expensive product from the store? Then you are in luck. There are simple and easy ways to get rid of the brown spots on your skin and all it takes is some apple cider vinegar and an onion.