Photo via: stylecraze.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- I have a love/hate relationship with Spell Check. I love it because Im a very good speller, but a horrible typist. Before the days of this brilliant invention, I would have to hunt and peck very slowly to make sure that everything came out correctly, having no instinctive feel for keyboarding, which was a frustrating damper on my creative flow, Ill tell ya. But now I can go hell-bent for leather (I dont even know what that means-did Judas Priest make that up?) and when I come up for air, all of my typos are helpfully underlined in red.But heres the hate part: Sometimes typos are still real words. If you leave an o off of too, replace the c in cough with a d, or transpose the vowels in lion, your Spell Check is not going to see it as a mistake. Also, sometimes misspelled words are still real words. If you leave the u out of fourth or have a homophonic brainlapse and write accept when you meant except, who is Spell Check to kick about it? Nobody, thats who.Heres one more reason not to trust it to do your proofreading for you: proper nouns and made-up words. When you know Spell Check wont recognize the spelling of a proper name (Smith, no problem; Nkwoze, problem) or a silly word you made up for flavor, its easy to ignore the red underlines, but what if you still managed to misspell the thing? Mr. Nkwoze might feel slighted if he sees his name as Knowze and people think hes Beyonces dad. (I know its Knowles. Dont write in.) For example, I initially typed the non-standard brainlapse as brianlapse. If I had bypassed giving it a once-over simply because I knew Spell Check couldnt handle it, I might have left people with the impression that I would be a better writer but for lack of Brian. (I miss you, Brian! Call me!)The moral of the story is: Spell Check is a tool, not a contractor. Before you send your creations out into the world, give them a good read or even have someone else read them (frequently we will miss our own mistakes because we already know what were trying to say, but they will pop out at someone else). Heck, read em twice. Its called editing. I know some errors will still get through (I was aghast at seeing a typo in the title of a story I did that was featured on the front page of Yahoo, so Im no stranger to public humiliation), but we do our best.Free use image from Pixabay https://pixabay.com/en/keyboard-computer-keys-white-886462/
- Home Remedies For Tooth Ache: A toothache is one of the most common dental complaints that can be quite painful and debilitating. Here are 29 effective home remedies for tooth ache. Read on to know more.
- If you are having neck osteochondrosis, a really painful and frustrating condition,you need to try this natural remedy which is extremely effective for erasing the pain for good! This homemade natural remedy is very simple to makeand use so you should really think about it if you are going to take any kind of a pain killer medications or you will try this natural and cheep way for reducing the problem.
- Did you know facial yoga can actually help with anti-aging? Here are two poses to try out to help say goodbye to crows feet and stick to crows pose! These are the 5 Benefits of Facial Yoga yoga antiaging
- Learn about the best yoga poses to help you relieve stress and anxiety. Includes pictures!
- Sounds weird, right? But actually, it’s not! This is probably one of the most common fruits found in India and that is also probably why we don’t really relish it as much. But before throwing the banana peel into the bin, read this post to know its benefits. It will give you amazing resu
- Nails are probably one of the most under pampered part of our body. We do not do much to care about it and so we eventually see the outcome of this carelessness in the form of brittle nails. Most of the times brittle nails are the signs of a health issue, like thyroid, anemia etc. So you might have to see a doctor to sort that out. BEAUTIFUL NAILS To strengthen your nails, you must follow the following things: Vitamins Include vitamin B in your diet or start taking supplements under the guidance of a doctor. Lack of Vitamin A and Vitamin C can also be the reason for brittle nails. Protein and calcium rich diet has to be included in your daily diet. Horsetail or nettle tea Include the consumption of horsetail or nettle tea once a day. The herbs are a great source of silica as well as other minerals which are essential for the nails to grow. Essential fatty acids Healthy nails issue can be dealt by consuming essential fatty acids. This is found in fish with high fat content and flax seed oil. Consume 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil per day to combat brittle nails. Moisturize your nails Apply petroleum jelly or thick cream on the nails. It would be better if you can do it at night. Hydrate Water as everyone knows is very important for overall health. Therefore drinking water can help in hydrating the body which in turn will take care of dry and brittle nails. Massage Regular massage on the finger nails will help in increasing the blood flow towards that area which will help in promoting healthy nails. Do not overuse your nails Nails cannot substitute any tools. So stop using your nails to open soda cans or any other objects as this will only make it more brittle. Olive oil and lemon juice Take 1 spoon of olive oil and add a few drops of lemon juice and apply it on your nails regularly. This will help you combat the issue of brittle nails. You can use olive oil alone for nail treatment too. Simply immerse your nails in a bowl of olive oil and keep it for 10 minutes. Use gloves Whenever you are doing any kind of work which involves the use of your nails, always make sure your wear gloves. This will protect your nails from getting cut. Exposure to water, soap, soil etc. can damage your nails. Vitamin E and tea tree oil Take 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil and add a couple of drops of Vitamin E. Mix this well and apply it on the nails. This will help in treating the brittle nails and at the same time prevent any kind of infection on the nails. Sea salt Mix 2 teaspoons of fine sea salt and add few drops of lemon juice, myrrh oil, wheat germ oil and frankincense oil and transfer this mixture to a bowl with warm water. Soak your hands in it for 10 to 15 minutes. Do it twice a week. Related Post: Natural ways to brighten and whiten yellow, discolored nails |
- These nine gentle stretches can help relieve hip and lower back pain by stretching out your tight muscles. Click through to get all nine moves. // soreness // stretching // yoga // yoga poses // yoga moves // tension // stress // relief // fitness // Beachbody // http://BeachbodyBlog.com
- Read the latest articles from the brilliant women of the Ms Career Girl team. Find womens career building tips, motivational advice, and more.
- She Dipped Her Hand In Apple Cider Vinegar For 2 Weeks. When You Read You Will Do It Too! diy diy ideas health healthy living remedies remedy arthritis pain relief life hacks healthy lifestyle apple cider vinegar good to know viral
- What we clean our teeth with to keep cavities away! A simple money saving DIY natural toothpaste! Made from coconut oil, baking soda and essential oils! Read more about this great toothpaste over on purelytwins.com. This is fun to make and you will have healthy teeth!
- Potatoes are packed with a fabulous enzyme called catecholase, which is used by many high-end cosmetic companies to lighten skin and remove dark under eye circles. Why pay the hefty price tag when this simple home remedy will lighten up those dark under eye circles with the same enzyme… no more raccoon eyes for you!