Photo via: dailymom.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- I have been a diabetic for 4 years. This is the first serum that I have ever used in my life. I always use lotions – creams but most of them irritate more than help my dry itchy skin. My arms & legs have itched to the point of me scratching until sometimes I would bleed. Nothing I tried would stop the itching for long. I applied this serum and immediately I felt a huge sigh of relief as my skin was soothed & calmed. I cannot overstate how very pleased I am with how amazingly good my skin loo…
- Oatmeal is an excellent and healthy way to start your day. This cereal is not only good for health but it also has many beauty benefits. Yes, you can use oats for hair and skin problems. Yes, you heard it right. This delicious cereal has many benefits and today I will be sharing some simple yet effective oatmeal recipes for beauty and hair care. 🙂 Oatmeal and egg Yolk Face Mask: Beat one egg yolk with two tbsp of oatmeal. Now add 1 tbsp of lemon juice in it and mix all the three ingredients completely. Apply this [paste on face in upward direction. Keep it for around 10 minutes and then wash off with cold water. This face mask is very good for dry skin as it tightens skin. This mask also helps in preventing wrinkle so one can start using this in late 20’s to prevent aging signs. Oatmeal and Honey Face Scrub: Oatmeal is a very good exfoliating product as it’s gentle but still works effectively. Mix 2 tbsp of oatmeal with half cup raw milk. Now add 1 tbsp of extra virgin oil and 1 tbsp of honey in the mixture and mix it well. Leave this paste for around 10 minutes so that oatmeal becomes smooth. Now, gently apply this mixture on your face and massage in circular motion. Keep scrubbing your face gently for 2-3 minutes and then rinse off with cold water. This oatmeal and honey scrub will exfoliate dead skin and will give you radiant glowing face. Honey present in the scrub will keep your face moisturized and hydrated making it softer. Oatmeal as Dry Shampoo: Having a bad hair day? Don’t worry oatmeal can be used as dry shampoo. Yes, you heard me right. Grind oatmeal in a grinder to make a fine powder. Now, mix 1 Tbsp Corn Starch or baking soda to 1/2 Cup of oatmeal powder. Add in few drops of essential oil to make your hair smell amazing. For darker hair add in some cocoa powder. Rub this mixture into your hair and then comb it out with wide tooth comb. Oatmeal removes excess oil and dirt from scalp. Now you can move out of your house without even shampooing your hair. Isn’t it a great handy tip? Oatmeal and Baking Soda Body Scrub: Mix oatmeal and baking soda in equal proportion with the help of warm water. Keep this mixture into warm water for around 10 minutes so that oatmeal becomes soft. Now, use this mixture as scrub for body and gently massage. You can use this on hands, legs, back, foot etc. after scrubbing wash off with cold water and pat dry. Oatmeal and baking soda both are excellent exfoliator and when combined together they exfoliate flawlessly. This body scrub will exfoliate dead skin and will give you smooth and soft skin. Run into the kitchen and make your own oatmeal mask. 😀 |
- Turmeric is a yellow (or sometimes orange) spice that comes from India. For centuries, people in India reaped the healthy benefits of turmeric. The spice is in the same family as ginger, but it wasn’t
- Turmeric is considered to be the best organic skin care ingredient for a healthy skin in India. The beautifying spice…
- Turmeric / a cure for pain, this common healing herb contains a chemical known as curcumin has powerful anti-inflammatory effects, making it a great choice for those suffering from arthritis, tendonitis, and other auto-immune conditions. Also connected as a potential healer of ailments such as Alzheimer’s disease and colon cancer / 400 mg 3 time daily (as an extract).
- An alternative treatment for cancer has come to light after various studies have found that it is able to effectively inhibit colon cancer. Coconut oil has been touted for a very long time as a natural-cure all and an effective alternative to pharmaceutical treatments and medication. Although it has had years of traditional medicinal use… View Article
- Sugar addiction is no joke – there’s compelling scientific evidence that addiction to refined sugar can be just as serious as addiction to “hard” drugs like heroin and cocaine. Sugar dependence has been observed in animal models, and the components of addiction – bingeing, withdrawal, craving, and cross-sensitization – are all present with regards to excessive sugar consumption.Peppermint oil is just one of these natural tools – when used externally, it has all sorts of benefits. Find out mo…
- Nails are probably one of the most under pampered part of our body. We do not do much to care about it and so we eventually see the outcome of this carelessness in the form of brittle nails. Most of the times brittle nails are the signs of a health issue, like thyroid, anemia etc. So you might have to see a doctor to sort that out. BEAUTIFUL NAILS To strengthen your nails, you must follow the following things: Vitamins Include vitamin B in your diet or start taking supplements under the guidance of a doctor. Lack of Vitamin A and Vitamin C can also be the reason for brittle nails. Protein and calcium rich diet has to be included in your daily diet. Horsetail or nettle tea Include the consumption of horsetail or nettle tea once a day. The herbs are a great source of silica as well as other minerals which are essential for the nails to grow. Essential fatty acids Healthy nails issue can be dealt by consuming essential fatty acids. This is found in fish with high fat content and flax seed oil. Consume 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil per day to combat brittle nails. Moisturize your nails Apply petroleum jelly or thick cream on the nails. It would be better if you can do it at night. Hydrate Water as everyone knows is very important for overall health. Therefore drinking water can help in hydrating the body which in turn will take care of dry and brittle nails. Massage Regular massage on the finger nails will help in increasing the blood flow towards that area which will help in promoting healthy nails. Do not overuse your nails Nails cannot substitute any tools. So stop using your nails to open soda cans or any other objects as this will only make it more brittle. Olive oil and lemon juice Take 1 spoon of olive oil and add a few drops of lemon juice and apply it on your nails regularly. This will help you combat the issue of brittle nails. You can use olive oil alone for nail treatment too. Simply immerse your nails in a bowl of olive oil and keep it for 10 minutes. Use gloves Whenever you are doing any kind of work which involves the use of your nails, always make sure your wear gloves. This will protect your nails from getting cut. Exposure to water, soap, soil etc. can damage your nails. Vitamin E and tea tree oil Take 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil and add a couple of drops of Vitamin E. Mix this well and apply it on the nails. This will help in treating the brittle nails and at the same time prevent any kind of infection on the nails. Sea salt Mix 2 teaspoons of fine sea salt and add few drops of lemon juice, myrrh oil, wheat germ oil and frankincense oil and transfer this mixture to a bowl with warm water. Soak your hands in it for 10 to 15 minutes. Do it twice a week. Related Post: Natural ways to brighten and whiten yellow, discolored nails |
- By Juliet Blankespoor – Before we jump into the best herbs for small spaces, let’s talk about how you can turn your garden into a productive medicinal paradise! Not everyone has a field or lawn they are able to transform into their dream herb garden. If you only have a patio or a balcony or tend a limited outdoor space, here are some tips to help you reap the most from your plantings. Go Vertical Train vining herbs up onto a trellis, arbor, or pergola to maximize your use of space. Passionf…
- Turmeric is quickly rising as an all-healing superfood that can prevent a wide variety of chronic diseases. The East Indian spice is absorbed in the intestinal tract, allowing it to enter the bloodstream and fight chronic inflammation, the known root of nearly all illnesses, including cancer. The active compound that gives turmeric its healing power is Curcumin. This compound is potent in fighting free radicals, rejuvenating cells and cleansing the liver and heart.
- Due to its potent antibacterial, antiparasitic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral qualities, ginger is one of the most powerful and healthiest foods. This root strengthens overall health, as it is high in multiple minerals, antioxidants, vitamin C, and magnesium. The beneficial properties of ginger have been used for centuries in the treatment of asthma, heart diseases, indigestion, weak immunity, and pain. The consumption of ginger tea during the winter prevents various health issues, as it has a wide range of uses: It strengthens the immune system it fights infections treats cold sores,
- Turmeric face mask is the ultimate herb for your beautiful skin. Lets have a look on homemade turmeric face mask and their golden benefits on skin.