Photo via: gardeningforyou.pw
You may also be interested in 🙂
- How to get started with essential oils, the best oils to start with, and where to buy them. Great beginners guide!
- I have a love/hate relationship with Spell Check. I love it because Im a very good speller, but a horrible typist. Before the days of this brilliant invention, I would have to hunt and peck very slowly to make sure that everything came out correctly, having no instinctive feel for keyboarding, which was a frustrating damper on my creative flow, Ill tell ya. But now I can go hell-bent for leather (I dont even know what that means-did Judas Priest make that up?) and when I come up for air, all of my typos are helpfully underlined in red.But heres the hate part: Sometimes typos are still real words. If you leave an o off of too, replace the c in cough with a d, or transpose the vowels in lion, your Spell Check is not going to see it as a mistake. Also, sometimes misspelled words are still real words. If you leave the u out of fourth or have a homophonic brainlapse and write accept when you meant except, who is Spell Check to kick about it? Nobody, thats who.Heres one more reason not to trust it to do your proofreading for you: proper nouns and made-up words. When you know Spell Check wont recognize the spelling of a proper name (Smith, no problem; Nkwoze, problem) or a silly word you made up for flavor, its easy to ignore the red underlines, but what if you still managed to misspell the thing? Mr. Nkwoze might feel slighted if he sees his name as Knowze and people think hes Beyonces dad. (I know its Knowles. Dont write in.) For example, I initially typed the non-standard brainlapse as brianlapse. If I had bypassed giving it a once-over simply because I knew Spell Check couldnt handle it, I might have left people with the impression that I would be a better writer but for lack of Brian. (I miss you, Brian! Call me!)The moral of the story is: Spell Check is a tool, not a contractor. Before you send your creations out into the world, give them a good read or even have someone else read them (frequently we will miss our own mistakes because we already know what were trying to say, but they will pop out at someone else). Heck, read em twice. Its called editing. I know some errors will still get through (I was aghast at seeing a typo in the title of a story I did that was featured on the front page of Yahoo, so Im no stranger to public humiliation), but we do our best.Free use image from Pixabay https://pixabay.com/en/keyboard-computer-keys-white-886462/
- There’s no better time to do a 30 day muffin top challenge than now! It’s the start of a new month and you’ll want to get rid of your muffin top efficiently! Even if you’re reading this and it’s not the start of a new month, do not put it off, you can always start … Read More →
- The 7 most Alkaline foods – When you eat alkaline foods, your body tends to emulsify fat (takes big fat and turns it into little fat) making it easier for the body to further digest and eliminate. Great time to start Alkaline Lifestyle – Make a lifestyle change today and start feeling and looking better with SevenPoint2 – http://saksa.sevenpoint2.com/weight-loss-made-simple.html?country=cz&language=en
- For a fabulous, intimate lighting accent, think small. Our battery-powered Red/White/Blue Star Glimmer Strings® use tiny (some would say magical) LEDs the size of a grain of rice strung along shapeable, thread-sized silver filament to create an almost weightless, firefly-like effect. Weave them through wreaths and centerpieces, or string along banisters and trees, indoors and in covered outdoor areas. Compatible LED Remote Control (sold separately) allows them to be turned on or off at a touch. Built-in timer provides automatic shutoff.
- Desserts and salads, thats just the way were rolling here these days. There is just something so pretty about colourful vegetables, I had to share this fun twist on salad. Vegetable noodles, either created with a spiralizer, a shredder, or careful knife skills, can totally change your view on salad. Rob cheers every time we…
- Relieve PMS symptoms and make that time of the month more bearable by eating these foods that are proven to relieve your worst period symptoms.
- When I first heard about essential oils, my biggest question was: How will I actually use essential oils everyday as a mom? I didnt want to invest in essential oils and never use them. But now–I use these 8 oils all the time in our family and I dont know how we ever did without them! They really do help our family in so many ways and help our home run better. Heres how you can use essential oils in your family everyday too!
- When you get serious about your skin care routine and you are ready to start making positive changes in your everyday life, you may need some information to get you going in the right direction.
- Does it really matter when and in what order you apply your skin care products? We asked the skin experts the same question we ask ourselves every time we buy a new skin care product or add another step to our routine: In what order should I apply my skin care products and why?
- The 2016 Womans Guide to Great Skin ~~ This is awesome. My Mom started me on a similar routine when I was about 11-yrs-old. Im now 66 years old, and people often compliment me on my skin. I tell them I owe it all to my wonderful Mom, whose own skin was like porcelain until she passed away. ~~
- Heres What to Eat the Next Time Youre on Your Period and Hating Life. Proven to ease all your lady pains and get you through it all.